Job Title: Costumed Character Entertainer/Escort
Department: Visitor Services
Reports To: Director of Events and Shows
Status: Part time/ Hourly; Non-exempt; Seasonal
Represent the core values and brand of Cleveland Botanical Garden through delighting and entertaining guests through the Garden’s official mascot. Interact and greet guests while dressed in costume, or while guiding and assisting others in costume.
- Appear several times daily while wearing costume.
- Ensure safety of all participants (including self) while in or out of costume.
- Interact and greet Garden guests in a fun, family-friendly, and welcoming way.
- Maintain “character” at all times when wearing costume while in view of guests.
- Costume maintenance and cleaning, as directed.
- Maintain general knowledge of ongoing Garden activities to promote through entertaining appearances both onsite and offsite at special events.
- Other duties as requested.
- Match physical size limitations based upon costume dimensions.
- Ability to wear a full-body costume for a minimum of thirty minutes at a time in varying temperature conditions.
- Ability to work flexible schedule on as needed basis.
- Ability to interact effectively and courteously with Garden staff and guests while being in character and communicating through actions, or while out of character and communicating verbally about the Garden’s educational mission.
- Strong customer service skills, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Desire to work with children and families.Experience working with children or entertainment industry background is preferred, but not required.
Physical Job Requirements
- Frequent standing/ moving about
- Periodic kneeling/ crouching
- Frequent reaching at or above shoulder level
- Frequent bending/ stooping/ squatting
- Some repetitive movement
- Withstanding varying temperature conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
To apply, send resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.