Cleveland Botanical Garden Employment
Job Title: Garden Horticulturist
Reports To: Grounds Manager
The Garden Horticulturist will assist horticulture staff in maintenance of all plant collections. The selected candidate will take the lead in the maintenance of specific areas within the garden and perform general maintenance tasks including planting, pruning, watering, mulching, fertilizing, pest/disease control, assist in maintenance of irrigation systems and small equipment repair.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain high standards of care for all plant collections.
- Monitor, maintain and enhance assigned gardens.
- Lead tours, teach classes and assist in garden outreach and interpretation programs.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of shows and events.
- Perform necessary administrative duties including scheduling, communication and documentation of records and work projects.
- Provide instruction and supervise interns and volunteers as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Horticulture or related field work (Bachelor’s preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of herbaceous and woody plant material, including roses.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in inclement weather.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions for this position. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
To apply, please forward resume cover letter and references to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.