Manager of Operations
Director of Facility Rentals and Special Events
Full Time; Salaried; Exempt
- Provide a safe environment at Cleveland Botanical Garden (“the Garden”) for guests and staff.
- Provide leadership and manage security staff, security equipment and housekeeping staff.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide exemplary guest service to all visitors, volunteers and staff.
- Maintain staff schedules, logs and all documentation and equipment for building safety.
- Manage all operations of security department including supervising all security full and part time staff
- Maintain and adjust schedules to accommodate all events at the Garden
- Maintain security related policies and procedures, logs for evacuations, keys, patrols etc.
- Implement Garden specific and community wide security policies and procedures
- Ensure patrolling of building, garage and grounds as needed
- Secure building, public and non-public areas
- Oversee garage and security equipment
- Provide first response for emergencies
- Provide training to all security officers on security systems and operations (includes security cameras and monitors)
- Provide training to Garden staff and volunteers on safety related items
- Lead Garden safety committee and actively engage with University Circle Inc. and City of Cleveland security forces
- Coordinates parking arrangements, as needed, for overflow parking for staff on designated days
- Serve as liaison with vendors in telecommunication and information technology.
- Provide audio/visual support for all external and internal events.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a supervisory position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership - strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with guests and staff members. Must be able to problem solve and work with all departments of the Garden
- Customer service - Provide friendly, solution-oriented, customer service to all guests and staff
- Planning and Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities; ability to multi task, be detail-oriented, and have strong organizational and time management skills. Be able to plan for resources within approved budget
- Technical knowledge - familiarity with different types of security equipment including cameras, fire panels, access systems etc. Knowledge of audio visual equipment for set-up and troubleshooting as needed. Knowledge of PARC/S, ProWatch, Guard 1 Plus and Guard Card.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally; including oral and written communication as well as listening skills and handling confidential information. Speaks clearly and persuasively; responds well to questions
- Flexibility – must be able to work all shifts if needed (including weekends and holidays) and respond to building issues 24/7.
- Physical ability – must be able to work in a variety of environmental l conditions including extreme weather. Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs, and strength/stamina to stand for extended periods of time.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Minimum of two years’ experience as an operations or security professional. High school diploma or associates degree combined with professional training in security. CPR and First Aid certified. Knowledge and demonstrated ability working with computers and computer systems including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), and Audio Visual equipment.
Cleveland Botanical Garden offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and a dynamic work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
Please forward resume (including salary history), cover letter and 3 references to:
Human Resources Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.