Cleveland Botanical Garden Employment
Position Title: Project Administrator, Applied Research in Urban Vacant Land Management
Supervisor: Research Manager
Responsibilities: The Project Administrator (PA) is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the grant-funded Vacant to Vibrant: Redeveloping Vacant Land as Green Infrastructure in Great Lakes Cities project. The PA will be responsible for coordinating the different aspects of this and related projects.
• Maintain electronic and other files concerning information generated by the project (database management).
• Coordinate meetings of the project teams in Cleveland, Gary, and Buffalo.
• Coordinate meetings of project team members from around the Great Lakes basin.
• Maintain communications with all parties associated with the Vacant to Vibrant project.
• Draft communications to be approved by the Director of Education & Research and Research Manager.
• Be conversant in urban environmental and land use issues; ability to use GIS and mapping techniques. Basic understanding of ecological science and research, community outreach and applied research.
• Other project responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Plant Sciences, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Studies.
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, basic GIS skills, database management, web-based information sharing.
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
• Office organizational skills.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
This is a 4-year grant-dependent, full time, salaried position with benefits at the Cleveland Botanical Garden. It will be subject to annual review and grant continuance.
About the Garden:
Cleveland Botanical Garden is a non-profit public garden in the heart of University Circle, Cleveland’s premier district for arts, culture, and learning. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens. Cleveland Botanical Garden offers a competitive compensation & benefit package and a dynamic work environment.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
To apply please email or mail a cover letter, a brief one page writing sample, resume and references to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.