Cleveland Botanical Garden Employment
Title: Floor Supervisor/Sales Associate
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Retail Manager
In addition to performing all duties of Store Sales and Service Associate, Floor Supervisor will provide guidance and training to sales associates and volunteers to assure maximum sales and customer service. Carry out store opening and closing procedures including distribution and balancing of register banks in the absence of the store operations manager.
- New and ongoing training of sales staff and volunteers
- Restocking of merchandise and supplies as needed to ensure maximum sales
- Daily physical upkeep of store and merchandise displays
- Work closely with all staff and volunteers to maximize sales and customer service.
- Resolve POS related problems and issues
- Build and contribute toward teamwork among staff
- All duties expected of Store sales Associates, including:
- Process sales transactions quickly and accurately
- Provide friendly and helpful service to all visitors and patrons
- Be knowledgeable about products and convey that knowledge to customers
- Help with year- end inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree or/related experience, 2 years desired
- Experience with staff management and customer service
- Proficient with the use of a POS system
- Horticulture knowledge desired, but not required.
- Available to work weekends and some evenings
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
To apply, please forward resume (including salary history), cover letter and references to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.