Retail Sales and Service Associate
Reports To: Retail Store Manager
Status: Temporary, part-time, non-exempt
Responsible for the timely processing of all sales in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
Contributes to the efficiency of the store’s daily operations and the creation of the proper atmosphere for a
successful and profitable museum store, while presenting the core values and brand of Cleveland Botanical
Garden to all guests and co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Process sales transactions quickly and accurately.
- Provide friendly helpful customer service with good communications skills to all guests.
- Be knowledgeable about all merchandise.
- Work closely with store staff and volunteers to ensure maintenance of high guest service, per cap sales
- and customer service.
- Open and close POS, including daily deposits and reports.
- Help to maintain proper merchandise display, store cleanliness, and adequate stock levels on store
- fixtures, and shelves.
- Process & ticket merchandise.
- Assist the store manager in maintaining merchandise, supplies, guest needs and additional requests.
- Provide input regarding appropriate and timely solutions to conflicts and problems.
- Contribute toward building teamwork among store staff and volunteers.
- Assist with yearend inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with some college preferred.
- Retail and cash handling experience.
- Experience with customer service.
- Computer and POS knowledge preferred.
- Efficient management of time, people and resources.
- Horticulture knowledge desirable, but not required.
- Successful completion of required background check.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and special events.
- Must be able to lift and transport up to 50lbs.
Please forward resume cover letter and references to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.