Employment at the Garden
Village Merchant - Clark Hall Associate
Reports To: Retail Store Manager
Status: Seasonal, temporary, part-time, non-exempt
Individual responsible to step into a seasonal position to deliver the holiday role assigned. Provide exceptional
guest service and representation of the Garden.
Essential Job Functions
• Actively participate and engage with guests to deliver a fun and memorable holiday experience.
• Help to maintain the “village square” appearance, cleanliness, and adequate stock levels.
• Process sales transactions quickly and accurately
• Retail and cash handling required
• Provide friendly helpful customer service with good communications skills to all guests.
• Assist the store manager in maintaining merchandise, supplies, guest needs and additional requests.
• Contribute toward building teamwork among store staff and volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate preferred.
• Retail and cash handling experience.
• Experience with customer service.
• Performance, theater or teaching background recommended.
• Enjoys working with families and children.
• Successful completion of required background check.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and special events.
• Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
• Some indoor and outdoor work locations required.
• There may be long periods of standing and walking.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
To apply, send resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
No phone calls, please.