Employment at the Garden
Village Merchant / Train Operator
Department: Visitor Services
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Seasonal, temporary, part-time, non-exempt
Provide safe and comfortable transport of Garden guests who choose to ride the BellaTori Family Train. Individual will adhere to all safety checks, operating the train according to its operation manual, properly storing the train when not in use all the while providing excellent customer service
Essential Job Functions
• Actively participate and engage with guests to deliver a fun and memorable holiday experience.
• Provide excellent guest service.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of all train operation controls.
• Understand any and all relevant safety guidelines.
• Be able to properly drive and park the vehicle under conditions in which the vehicle will be used.
• Know how to properly load and unload passengers.
• Recognize maintenance problems contribute toward building teamwork among store staff and volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age; preferably 21 years of age.
• Enjoys working with families and children.
• Successful completion of background check.
• Candidate must possess a current valid driver license.
• Successful completion of Cleveland Botanical Garden’s organizational driving and safety procedure program.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and special events.
• Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
• Some indoor and outdoor work locations required.
• There may be long periods of standing and walking.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
To apply, send resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106