Hershey Children Garden Manager
To assist Cleveland Botanical Garden staff in the management of plantings, structures, educational features and programming of Hershey Children’s Garden (HCG) and Education Department programs while enhancing individual horticultural and/or educational knowledge base.
-March through September/October, 32 hours per week.
-April/May through August/September, 32 hours per week.
• Assist with HCG’s maintenance, including all plantings, garden features, displays and other areas.
• Support the management of HCG’s horticultural operations and other related tasks.
• Assist in the development and dissemination of informational hand-outs and signage for HCG.
• Create and implement educational programs in the Garden for families, schools and other youth organizations.
• Assist with other tasks, programs, and events as necessary in the Department of Education.
• High school graduate with minimum 2 years in college or post-secondary program: prefer education, environmental/natural resources, horticulture/agriculture, museum exhibit/interpretation studies or related field.
• Experience in youth education, leadership or counselor roles.
• Good communications skills.
• Availability to work week days, weekends, and some evenings.
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. The Garden seeks skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost public gardens.
To Apply: Send a resume with three references by February 1st, 2013 (for March starting position) or February 15th, 2013 (for April/May starting position) to:
Cleveland Botanical Garden
11030 East Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
No phone calls please.