'Glow' Opens for Second Magical Season at Cleveland Botanical Garden
November 29, 2013 — Cleveland Botanical Garden presents the return of its "Glow" holiday celebration starting at 10 am today and continuing through January 5, 2014. Glow at the Garden promises to get you in the holiday spirit with sweetly scented gingerbread houses everywhere you look, fabulously decorated evergreens around every corner and special surprises for the young and young at heart.
If you missed the inaugural Glow last year, you won't want to miss it this year. There's even more to see and do:
• 150 creatively constructed gingerbread houses by everyone from kids to professional pastry chefs
• 50 spectacular evergreens bedecked by members of the Garden's Affiliate Garden Clubs
• 200,000 twinkling lights both inside and out in the gardens
• A 25-foot-tall concolor fir festooned by famed floral designer Don Vanderbrook
• 3,000 holiday plantings from poinsettias to amaryllis to winterberry
• Live holiday classics by local bands and musicians
• Rides aboard the Garden Express train
• Gingerbread house decorating
• Mrs. Claus's Sweet Shoppe
• Ornament-making and learning experiences in Evergreen Adventures
• Holiday shopping for kids at The Treetop Shop and for grownups in The Garden Store
• Free ice skating on The Rink at Wade Oval
• And, the opportunity for you to place your hopes and dreams for the new year on The Wishing Tree
Plus, Glow at the Garden is open late on Wednesdays and Fridays until 9 pm; and The Garden Café offers special holiday food and beverage options throughout Glow.
Glow at the Garden runs now through Sunday, January 5. Hours are 10 am to 5 pm Tuesdays through Saturdays, with hours extended to 9 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays, and noon to 5 pm Sundays. Special hours for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are 10 am to 3 pm. The Garden is closed on Mondays, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Glow is free for Garden members. Glow admission is $12 per non-member adult, $8 per non-member child age 3 to 12 and free for kids 2 and under. Heated indoor parking and valet is available. Cleveland Botanical Garden is located at 11030 East Boulevard in Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood. Visit cbgarden.org/glow or call 216.721.1600.
Glow sponsors include All City Candy, American Greetings, GE Lighting and InterContinental Suites Cleveland. Cleveland Botanical Garden receives public support through Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.
MEDIA CONTACT: Tom O'Konowitz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216.707.2818