Step inside a storybook
Big smiles come from dirty hands in Hershey Children's Garden
A note to our guests: Hershey Children's Garden is now closed for the season and will reopen on March 22.
Kids escape into a magical world full of fun and fanciful discoveries and kids outdoor activities. Boys' and girls' spirits soar and they find themselves at home splashing in a whimsical fountain, exploring kid-sized structures, and coming face-to-face with playful plants and creatures.
Kids 3 to 93 can play the day away in this enchanting botanical wonderland. Hidden paths wind through tall grasses. Young pirates and princesses climb up to the coolest treehouse ever. Aspiring gardeners help the kooky scrounger's garden plantings grow using water drawn from big red pumps. And curious kids fish with their fingers for brilliant orange goldfish in a frog-filled pond.
Parents and grandparents love getting the little ones playing outdoors, while they get to be in a rich, green environment. Looking for things to do in Cleveland with the kids? Cleveland Botanical Garden is a family outing with something for everyone and where everyone wants to come back.
Did You Know?
- Hershey Children's Garden was one of the first such gardens in the country and the first in Ohio when it opened in 1999.
- The Garden was developed with direct input from kids. A giant tree house topped their wish list.
- Many of the plants were chosen to attract native caterpillars, butterflies and birds.
- The Four Winds are represented on stones surrounding the spurting fountain. They each blow mist.
- The playful wrought iron gates were created by Ohio sculptor Brinsley Tyrrell.
Visit the Garden today and experience first-hand our rich and vibrant kids activities!
Hershey Children's Garden Treehouse
If you're a kid, this is the place to get away from it all.